Me being bossy and Bella demonstrating her superb listening skills.
Sunday, June 20
Happy 1 week anniversary to my project!
This is what I do when Mike's at work...facebook, study, and watch TV....
Not my best photoshop job but I was being lazy. Click to enlarge and scrutinize all my mistakes! Lol
Making the 7 hour drive up to VA tomorrow to stay at my mom's house for the rest of the summer...
Saturday, June 19
Day 6...Mike is still working night shift! 6pm to 6am. =( We had a wonderfully successful day laying on the couch, watching movies, and eating pizza for the 4 hours he was awake this afternoon before he had to get ready for work. Anyway, this is all I could come up with for a picture today...looking out at the rain. It was sprinkling.
Friday, June 18
I have formed a hypothesis. There are always those awkward traits you inherit from your parents that you wish you could give back…curly hair for example. (Of course heredity isn't a hypothesis, it's genetics...I know). My mom couldn’t park straight if you put her Camry on a track. This being said, it won’t surprise you to learn that I also have parking issues. Mainly, I get lots of parking tickets…not to mention speeding tickets but that’s not what we’re talking about right now. My big problem is that I cannot park straight unless there are cars on either side of my parking spot. This might stem from something I never learned in Kindergarten because I still have issues with coloring. Actually now that I say that I don't think the two issues are related at all.
I am at Mike's house in South Carolina until Monday. He is sick and is working night shifts which is lousy. So I'm at the house sitting on the couch in front of his broken TV. Thanks to my lack of motivation and generally apathetic attitude today, (which I am attributing to the 6 hour drive and mental exhaustion from my Hemingway final), my self portrait comes to you from my Macbook Photobooth. That's right, no intricate tripod set-ups or fancy photoshop manipulations. This photo has received no post-processing whatsoever. Prepare to be shocked and awed.
Let's ignore the size of my teeth.
Tuesday, June 15
Why I love the South:
- I love the brick buildings with thick white columns and wrap around porches.
- I love squeaky old rocking chairs and wide steps with wrought iron railings.
- I love the bell tower on campus and the deliberate happy song it chimes when I'm least expecting it.
- I love that slow southern speak that rolls off the tongues of locals like the lazy lapping water at Alligator Point.
- I love getting lost in Maclay Gardens under a canopy of sleepy oaks and spanish moss.
- I love that when it rains it pours and when it's hot it's the kind of heat where my lungs would rather raise a white flag than take another breath.
- I love the way BBQ smoke rolls around on the afternoon breeze.
- I love when the thunderheads stroll in and it gets so dark outside I forget it's only 4 PM.
- I love the dogwood trees that line Blairstone Road in all of their white-blossomed glory.
- I love the way swamp water dances around the bald cypress knees.
I could never live anywhere else. Except maybe Bavaria. Because the two are so similar...
Self Portrait for the day!
I was talking to Mike about this project and he asked me if I was going to make it. It's only day two and so far so good, but I can see finding motivation for new photos being a problem. I don't want to end up taking the same shots over and over again for a year. I guess that's the point, you're supposed to challenge yourself to find new and creative ways to take pictures.
Today's photo adventure was a perfect example of how I usually find locations for "photo-shoots." I drove around for a few minutes looking for cool places. I passed this electrical wire clearing in the trees and since there weren't any "no trespassing" signs I figured it was fair game.
I really like this last one even though I look silly. I was having a good time out there even though it is 95 degrees outside and HUMID. I'm feeling pretty sappy lately so don't be surprised if there's a blog post later today about FEELINGS.
“You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.” - Winnie the Pooh
10 Random Questions for the day!
1. What is your best friend's Mom's name?
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole?
I don't think I have any moles...
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had?
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever had a hot teacher, although I had a huge crush on my Astronomy teacher freshman year. He was old and German...
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater?
Yes. I think you have to at least once. It's just one of those things.
5. What body part do you wash first?
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms?
No. But I always wipe it off first.
7. What's the strangest talent you have?
I am talentless.
8. Do you have an innie or an outtie?
A pretty cavernous innie.
9. What's your favorite flavored Pringles?
Sour cream & onion.
10. Have you ever been tied up?
No, I hate feeling restrained.
Tuesday, June 1
I decided to start being a more dependable blogger. It’s something I enjoy doing whether other people know about it or not. I mean, who doesn’t like to complain for a pseudo-anonymous audience via the interwebs?
So today I want to complain about Darth Vader. He’s sitting right behind me at the moment. And by Darth Vader I mean a semi-asthmatic middle-aged man. There are a lot of them in FSU's night classes. I don’t know if he’s sick or what’s going on with his lungs but I do know that it’s annoying the heck out of me. I feel like I need to write another open letter, this time addressed to the mouth breathers of the world.
Category • Tallahassee