2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 TSP Baking Powder
1/4 TSP Salt
3 TBSP Shortening
2 TBSP Butter
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Hot Water
2 Pints Blueberries
• Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
• Mix together 1 Cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl using a whisk. Next, mix in the shortening. Once combined, slowly add milk and stir. Ta-da! You have never looked batter. Get it? Ok.
• Pour your batter into a greased 9 X 13 pan.
• Add your blueberries evenly on top of batter.
• Pour remaining 1 Cup of sugar evenly over blueberries.
• Pour 1 Cup of hot water on top of sugar. Your blueberries should be pretty much immersed. You might need to add 1/2 Cup more water.
• Cut 2 TBSP of butter into small cubes and dot randomly on top of the cobbler.
• Yes, I know it looks weird and holy crap that's a lot of water.
• Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden brown.
This the first cobbler I've ever made. I found the recipe here. In my humble opinion, it's best served warm with ice cream. Also, don't be alarmed if it takes longer than an hour to be perfectly cooked. I left this in the oven for right at 60 minutes and it really could have cooked for another 15 minutes or so. I think this directly correlates to the amount of water you have to use.